Friday, November 14, 2008

Hi-Protein Bacon Pasta

My brother taught me how to do this particular pasta dish and I had my AHSE students back in Iloilo try it out and it was such a big hit.

Other than being so simple to cook, you rarely have to scour grocery stores for the ingredients.

INGREDIENTS:

500 grams cooked pasta (spaghetti or fetuccini would work wonders)

1/4 bar of butter (low-fat, low-salt, would work just fine)

10 strips of honey-cured bacon

herbs for garnishing (basil would do fine, though this part's optional)

2 medium eggs (1 if you prefer)

Salt and pepper to taste.

Cheese for topping (parmesan would be best for this)

INSTRUCTIONS:

Crispy-fry the bacon and just break it into really small pieces. Melt the butter on the still-hot, cooked pasta, break the two eggs on the pasta and toss it. Add the bacon bits. Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with herbs.

Simple as that.

I hope you enjoy it.

2 comments:

richard said...

Hi, I have nominated you for the Marie-Antoinette A Real Person, A Real Award. Kindly follow details on my blog, if not on front page please check older posts and carry on with your great blog.

Leslie Ann said...

sounds like a good meal...sana luto ka ng matikman sa office! thanks!